Happy July everyone!
If you have not heard by now; we’re very proud to announce that The Dance Works 2015-2016 Competitive Dance Company won this year’s NATIONALS Dance Competition held in Dallas Texas!
This “Studio Excellence Award” was a HUGE win for our studio as our teams and routines won the top average score of any other studio at Encore Nationals and we could not be more proud of all of our dancers and parents for such a wonderful achievement.
Now here’s a run down of our performances.
- The DW mini team took 1st place overall in their entire division, and a choreography award.
- The Junior team won a choreography award and 2nd, 3rd, and 5th overall placements.
- The Teen team got 1st, 2nd, and 4th overall wins with their pieces.
- The Crew’s won top overall placements.
- The Senior team racked up 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th in their groups
- The Senior Musical Theatre piece ‘Step Sisters Lament’ was the big winner with a choreography award and was was named ‘Overall Winner at National Finals!’
- All teams received platinum awards as well!
- Miss Tracey – Choreography Award Winner
- Miss Lory – Choreography Award Winner
- Miss Kali – Choreography Award Winner
What an amazing ride we all went on together! Congratulations to OUR DanceWorks Team 2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!! I’m so proud of our dancers, our parents and my staff!
Also-Congratulations to our 2016-2017 DW Company who auditioned in June! We are so proud of you. It’s going to be another award winning year for us! 😉
Summer classes and camps are in full force here at The Dance Works! Our dancers are working so hard! The fall schedule should be out by the 22nd of July. Keep checking the website for more details.