Happy day Everyone!
Four more weeks until the BIG PERFORMANCE! We could not be more excited to host such an incredible show for you all! It is vital that your dancer attends class these next few weeks. Please make sure that you have your costume(s) ready to go! Check out your dancers’ show order and shoe and tight requirements here: Dress Rehearsal Schedule 2016
-Our shows are June 10th and 11th! You can click on our Recital Page for complete details.
Reminder that Dress Rehearsals for recital will start Thursday June 2nd through Wednesday June 8th and complete details are available to download on this link –Dress Rehearsal Schedule 2016
You can click on our 2016 Recital Policies and download complete details regarding Recital Policies and Information.
- Here are a few of the major items to remember.
- Dancers must come in full costume with coverup
- Hair in low bun for our technical classes, low pony for Hip Hop (show ready)
- Full makeup (If you need assistance please see Miss Ava)
- NO jewelry, recommend NO underwear underneath tights, NO nail polish
- Proper shoes
- You are free to record/take pictures in rehearsal
-Sign up for our back stage parents will be this week! We need one dance parent per class to stay with the dancer’s backstage until they go onstage. You will be given further instructions at a later date.
Day of Recital Tips:
- Arrive on time. Plan to arrive at the place of the performance early.
- Label all costumes and accessories. Many young girls in the same classes are the same size. Keep track of your child’s things by labeling everything.
- Bring boredom busters. Recital days can be extremely tiring for young dancers. Pack a few quiet games, such as a deck of cards, to quietly pass the time.
- Your child will be excited and anxious, as will you. It’s not easy watching your own child perform on stage – you will be the one who is nervous. Try to relax and enjoy this special night in your young dancer’s life!
Before the Big Day Tips:
- Your child will be more confident about performing on stage if he or she knows the routines.
- Make sure your child is rested. Recitals can be over stimulating, but FUN! A little extra sleep the week before the recital will go a long way.
Exciting Performance Coming Soon! TheatreWorks will soon be performing Peter Pan at the Lot4 Black Box!
Friday June 3rd @ 7pm
Saturday June 4th @ 2pm, 4pm, and 7pm
Tickets are $10+tax, and will be available to the public at the studio beginning May 19th. All performances are held at the Lot 4 Studios Black Box Theater, and no tickets will be available at the door.
As always, if you have any questions regarding the next few weeks, please call the studio!